Saturday, 9 October 2010

Hayes, Middlesex, Adam and Eve, c1913

Postcard by W H Applebee, a well known postcard publisher from Ashford. This was taken in about 1913. The pub on the right was called the Adam and Eve. The pond was called the Adam and Eve pond.
















Alas, not as pretty today. The pub has been rebuilt, but is still called the Adam and Eve. The pond has long since gone.


View Larger Map

Here's a close-up of the pub in about 1906:


No comments:

Post a comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...